To see the presentations Click Here
Entrepreneurs across West Virginia and the region are encouraged to attend the virtual 3 Steps to StartUp Venture Fair, taking place from 9 am-noon on Tuesday, March 9th and Wednesday, March 10th.
The event, which will feature experienced investors, assistance providers, and innovators that have “been there and done that”, aims to provide West Virginia tech-focused, research-driven entrepreneurs an opportunity to learn strategies for raising funds and how to make an effective pitch to investors.
Presentation topics will include:
Day One: “So You Want to Start a Tech-Based or Research-Driven Business?”
- What it takes to launch a tech-based or research-driven business
- How to be an effective tech-based startup (what questions to ask yourself when starting a business)
- Descriptions of and differences between funding categories
- Keynote: High-level presentation on trends in early-stage venture funding
Day Two: “Persuasive Pitching: What’s It Take to Sell Your Concept?”
- Why pitch prep is critical, what comprises an effective pitch, and the 20 questions an investor will ask that you need to be prepared for
- Watch & Learn: Pitches from 5 WV StartUp Companies
- Each startups provide a 5-minute pitch, to be followed by up to 5 minutes of feedback from investors/funders.
- Entrepreneur Panel: Lessons Learned/Best Practices/Words of Wisdom
- Assistance/resources available to startups to help them move their concept forward
The event is open to all entrepreneurs, assistance providers, small business owners, funders, economic developers, and others.
To see the agenda, click here.
To register, click here.
About 3 Steps To StartUp
Funded by the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation through a federal POWER (Partnerships for Opportunity and Workforce and Economic Revitalization) grant, 3 Steps To StartUp builds on traditional business assistance programs and adds a suite of virtual resources. The overarching purpose is to accelerate entrepreneurialism and innovation to diversify the economy in West Virginia. To learn more about the 3 Steps to StartUp program, or to apply, visit https://3steps2startup.com/.